You usually submit a VAT Return to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) every 3 months. This period of time is known as your ‘accounting period.’ or Quartely VAT Return
The VAT Return records things for the accounting period like:
- your total sales and purchases
- the amount of VAT you owe
- the amount of VAT you can reclaim
- what your VAT refund from HMRC is
You must submit a VAT Return even if you have no VAT to pay or reclaim.
There are three methods Edmil Accountants can use to assist in completion of VAT returns:
- Doing your bookkeeping and completing the return from there;
- Providing training on how to complete your return.
We complete VAT returns in good time to ensure you avoid any penalties.
We also assist you with your final VAT Return, in case or when you cancel your VAT registration.
Give us a call or book an appointment.